Department of Mechanical Engineering,
School of Aerospace, Tsinghua University
Doctor of Engineering (2012~)
l Department of Mechanical Engineering, School of Aerospace, Tsinghua University
l Supervisor: Prof. Moran Wang
Bachelor of Engineering (2008-2012)
l School of Energy and Power Engineering, Huazhong University of Science & Technology
l Ranking: Top 3 of 400 Students in the School, GPA: 91/100
l Thesis: Mechanism and Experimental Investigation of underfill flow in a circular flip-chip
Visiting Student (2015-2016)
l Pore scale modeling group @ Imperial College London, UK
1. Multiphase flow through porous media (with heterogeneity)
2. Interfacial mechanics
3. Multiphase non-Newtonian fluid dynamics
4. Lattice Boltzmann algorithm and its applications
5. Multiscale strategies (molecular ¡ú mesoscale ¡ú core scale ¡ú field scale)
Multiphase transport in porous media A falling droplet on a plastic wall
(Experiment .vs. LBM modeling)
Honors and Awards
☺ 2017 Tsinghua Friendship Scholarship ¨C Sijimuge Scholarship
☺ 2016 National Prize for Graduate Students
☺ 2014 Tsinghua Friendship Scholarship ¨CIHI Scholarship
1. C.Y. Xie, W. Lei, S. Chen and M. Wang*. Dispersed polymer system flooding by porescale modeling.
2. C.Y. Xie, W. Lei, and M. Wang*. Lattice Boltzmann model for three-phase viscoelastic fluid flow. PRE, under review, 2017
3. J. Zheng, Z. Chen, C.Y. Xie, Z. Wang, Z. Lei, Y. Ju and M. Wang*. Characterization of spontaneous imbibition dynamics in irregular pores by lattice Boltzmann modeling. Computers & Fluids, 2017
4. C.Y. Xie, W. Lv, and M. Wang*. Shear-thinning or Shear-thickening Fluid for Better EOR? ¡ª A Direct Pore-scale Study. Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering In Press, 2017
Pore-scale results demonstrate that merely shear-thinning effect does not contribute too much for conformance control in heterogeneous rock
5. C. Xie, A.Q. Raeini, Y. Wang, M. Blunt* and M. Wang*. An improved pore-network model with viscous coupling effect via direct simulation by lattice Boltzmann method. Advances in Water Resources. 100: 26-34, 2017
The upscaling strategy from LBM to the pore network simulation
6. C. Xie#, G. Liu# and M. Wang*. Evaporation Flux Distribution of Drops on a Hydrophilic or Hydrophobic Flat Surface by Molecular Simulations. Langmuir, 32(32): 8255-8264, 2016.
Absorption Effect on Evaporation Flux Distribution
7. C. Xie, J. Zhang, V. Bertola and M. Wang*. Lattice Boltzmann Modeling for Multiphase Viscoplastic Fluid Flow. Journal of Non-Newtonian Fluid Mechanics, 234: 118-128, 2016.
Two-phase Co-current Bingham flow (Simulation .vs. Analytical solution).
8. C. Xie, J. Zhang, V. Bertola and M. Wang*. Droplet evaporation on a horizontal substrate under gravity field by mesoscopic modeling. Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, 463: 317-323, 2016.
The phase-field LBM with evaporation scheme to determine when does the gravity effect become negligible at smaller sizes.
9. Z. Chen, C. Xie, Y. Chen and M. Wang*. Bonding Strength Effects in Hydro-Mechanical Coupling Transport in Granular Porous Media by Pore-Scale Modeling. Computation, 4(1): 15, 2016.
10. C. Xie, J. Wang, N. Pan, D. Wang and M. Wang*. Lattice Boltzmann Modeling of Thermal Conduction in Composite Materials with Thermal Contact Resistance. Communications in Computational Physics, 17: 1037-1055, 2015.
TCR impact on the effective conductivity of composite materials
11. C. Xie, J. Zhang and M. Wang*. Lattice Boltzmann modeling of non-Newtonian multiphase fluid displacement. (In Chinese) Chinese Journal of Computational Physics, 33(2): 147-155, 2016.
In International Conferences
1. C. Xie, J. Zhang, V. Bertola and M. Wang*. Lattice Boltzmann Modeling for Multiphase Yield-stress Fluid Flow. 1st International Conference of Microfluidics, Nanofluidics and Lab-on-a-chip, June. 10-12, 2016, Dalian, China. (Presentation)
2. C. Xie, J. Zhang, M. Wang*. Pore-Scale Modeling of Non-Newtonian Fluid Displacement in Microporous Media. 7th International Conference on Porous Media & Annual Meeting, May. 18-21, 2015, Padova, Italy. (Presentation)
Non-Newtonian Effect on Relative Permeability
3. C. Xie, G. Liu, J. Zhang, M. Wang*. Modeling Evaporation of a Small Drop on a Horizontal Substrate. 12th International Conference on Nanochannels, Microchannels, and Minichannels, Aug. 3-7, 2014, Chicago, USA. (Presentation)
4. C. Xie, J. Zhang, M. Wang*. Mesoscopic Modeling of Gravity Effects on Drop Evaporation on a Horizontal Substrate. 13th International Thermal Engineering Conference of Tsinghua-Seoul-Kyoto Universities, Nov. 15, 2013, Beijing, China. (Presentation)
5. C. Xie, M. Wang*. Lattice Boltzmann model for thermal conduction in composite materials with thermal contact resistance. 10th International Conference for Mesoscopic Methods in Engineering and Science, Jul. 22-26, 2013, Oxford University, UK. (Presentation)